KFC Assistant Restaurant Manager
Assist the Restaurant General Manager in the management of a restaurant in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures and with shared responsibility for the achievement of designated customer, profit, sales, and employee P&L targets.
Scope and Magnitude
- Supervises: 15-75 Team Members.
- Sales Range: $690,000 to $4,000,000 per annum (KFC). $320,000-$1,800,000 (PH).
- Manage shifts in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures including directing the activities of employees in maximising sales, operating efficiency and profit.
- Responsible for execution of One-System OH&S during their shift. Ensure employees under their control are observing safety procedures and that any hazardous situations are rendered safe. The Assistant Restaurant Manager has authority and responsibility for safety over contractors, customers and other visitors when they are on company property.
- Assist the Restaurant General Manager to achieve CHAMPS Standards within the restaurant by ensuring that all employees are focused on exceeding customer expectations for Cleanliness, Hospitality, Accuracy, Maintenance, Product and Speed of Service.
- Ensure that controls and procedures are implemented on each shift under their control to protect the security of employees and company funds.
- Assist the Restaurant General Manager to effectively recruit and select team members using company systems.
- Allocate responsibilities to each employee on shift and monitor performance accordingly. Ensure tasks are only undertaken by those employees certified to perform them.
- Ensure that employees follow correct maintenance procedures in accordance with the established maintenance roster and advise the Restaurant General Manager of any repairs or maintenance required within the restaurant.
- Train and develop team members to meet the standards of performance required. Monitor performance and implement corrective action where required.
- Keep the Restaurant General Manager informed of any competitive activity that is likely to affect the trading results of the restaurant.
- Report to the Restaurant General Manager any aspect of employee relations, customer service, attendance of and/or inspections by third parties that have or are likely to affect the operation of the restaurant.
- Promote Yum!'s How We Work Together principles acting as a role model and providing leadership as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Note: Trainee Assistant Restaurant Managers may only manage shifts under the direct supervision of a Restaurant General Manager or Assistant Restaurant Manager. Grade 4 Assistant Restaurant Managers are approved to manage shifts in a four person restaurant management team.
- 1. Major Problems
- Manage allocated shifts to achieve sales, profit, people and customer targets, whilst adhering to company policies, procedures and standards (CSL).
- Achieving consistent results through team management within and increasingly complex restaurant environment.
- 2. Decision Making Authority
- Responsible for shifts under direct supervision.
- Any matters in relation to progressive discipline must be discussed with the RGM
Specialised or Technical Knowledge/Skills
- Internal - Restaurant Team Members, Shift Supervisors, Restaurant General Manager, Training Manager, Area Manager, other Operations staff, departmental support management and staff (restaurant operation).
- External - Customers, contractors, suppliers (restaurant operation).
- High School education - HSC (or equivalent essential) with tertiary qualification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years multi outlet retail or service industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record of On Target performance in Balanced Scorecard KPIs (or equivalent) with primary profit responsibility essential.
- Certified at Leading a Shift (LAS) essential (Assistant Restaurant General Manager - Grade 2. Trainee Assistant Restaurant General Manager - TMO, TMT essential).
- Ability to engage, lead and motivate employees to deliver 100% CHAMPS.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a car and current drivers licence.
- Must be certified in Leading a Restaurant in a Managers Absence (LARMA) before being able to caretake a restaurant in the absence of the Restaurant General Manager.